1) Why "
it up to evryone to make their own
2) So rumours of your retirement were greatly exaggerated?
What made you change your mind?
the old mind was getting really slow and dull so I thought
Id get a new one.
3) What have you been doing since Windowlicker was
playing around with human embryos that myself and my
girlfriend made,before its illegal.
4) Where/when was the album recorded?
All over the place travelling,in some bank vaults and in
5) Is all the material new?
its the newest music available.
actually its a compilation of all the fake aphex tracks
found on the world. wide.wank,I didnt write any of them.
6) Will there be any singles?
Yes tomorrow,limited to 1 copy on my hard disk,my friend
bought it on ebay which I think is on the internet.
7) The tracks have very bizarre titles, what do they mean?
8) Have you worked with anyone else on this album?
Yeah,at the beginning of 1997 I adopted 3 goats on my farm
in scotland and taught them how to write music,I upgraded one
of the goats at the end of 98' with a hoof mod and its fucking
9) Are there going to be any more collaborations with
yourself and Chris Cunningham?
Well I think chris is too skinny at the moment and I cant
bear working with skeletons so ,he has to put on a
considerable amount of weight on first.
10) Where did you get the idea for the cover?
while i was djing at the next rephlex party at 93ft east
club end of august 2001.
11) Have you been listening to lots of classical music? Is
this a sign that you're mellowing in your old age?
I have actually gone deaf from djing and so I cant listen
to any music at all,im totally gutted,have learnt how to lip
read and I can still mix records by smelling the grooves.
12) What is your dru(g)kq of choice?
what does dru(g)kq mean,I dont understand the
13) Are you planning any live shows? What surprises have
you got instore?
Well Im playing on the national lottery in December as they
offered me the rollover if nobody won it that week,seriously!
14) Napster, do you have an opinion on them.
Well I should do ,I actually wrote the code for the
precursor to napster and that bloke knicked it off me,im not
bitter though,ive managed to download my entire catalogue off
it when it worked,saved myself £'s
15) Is it true that you've written music for adverts under
loads of different pseudonyms, can u give ?
yes and other releases, stockhausen, mozart, xenakis,
squarepusher, painjerk, parmigiani to name a few.
16) "We'd only ban someone for being boring"…What is the
most boring record ever made, in your opinion?
drukqs by eric satie.
17) What is the relationship between Warp and Rephlex?
you dont wanna know man its fucking bad.
18) It is widely known that Radiohead's Kid A was widely
influenced by your music, in particular 'Come As you Are'…What
do you think of their new stuff and other contemporaries?
Well they widely agreed to pay me 70% of the widely
royalties so ,Im not complaining.
19) In a recent interview, Grant (Rephlex) pointed out that
there are 5 missing records in the Rephlex catalogue…mostly
yours…will you ever release them?
Yes ,next week,whos Grant?
20) Do you remember life before the internet?
I havent actually gone online yet,is it any good?who are
21) What is your favourite gadget?
Oh it would have to be this endoscope I got from LOOT a
couple of years ago,it had ,had a fair bit of use mind you but
its a one off model which can go inside your brain via your
nostrils and tickle different regions of your body
automatically,its got a USB connection and came bundled with
some MAC software,its got a neuro reciever on one bit which
can directly pick up various thoughts and signals that happen
to be flying around whatever region you happen to be
poking,it's so cool man.
22) What criterion do you have for releasing someone's
Well its usually based on sexual favours'n'stuff best not
to go there.
For online information, please contact Charles Carroll at
Green Galactic, 323-466-5141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For DJ / Commercial Alternative Mixshow information, please
contact Aaron Michelson at Green Galactic, 323-466-5141 or
For 12 inch Review information, please contact Lynn Hasty at
Green Galactic, 323-466-5141 or email@example.com.